Using LC American History for homeschool/high school

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jayzee2000
    Participant

I asked this on the Q&A today, and it was suggested that I ask the question here to get a further response 🙂

I’m going to use LC American History (both courses) for my son for high school this year. There are so many books recommended, and I was wondering if you could narrow down the list a bit to make it manageable as a credit course.

Brad Birzer recommended What Hath God Wrought by Daniel Walker Howe, and there were other recommendations that I didn’t get a chance to write down (as I was driving and relying on my daughter to transcribe for me).

I have the Richard Maybury “Uncle Eric” books on WWI and WWII, as well as Tom Woods’ Politically Incorrect Guide and 33 questions.

My son is already a subscriber to Tom Woods’ newsletter and listens to some of the podcasts, so the libertarian viewpoint isn’t going to be new to him (and he doesn’t need to be “deprogrammed” from other versions of history), but I want to give him a good overview to add to the videos without going overboard on his work since he’s also taking theology, physics, calculus, lit/comp, Spanish, and computer science!

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer!

jayzee2000
    Participant

And since the Daniel Walker Howe book, which is part of the Oxford History of the United States series, is recommended, are other books in that series also recommended? I’d like to have reading materials to go along with various periods as we go through the timeline of history.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.