Liberty Classroom Source Citations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Where could I find source citations for the lecture material? I trust the content on a personal level, but I’d like to be able to point to specific places when I’m in conversation with friends and family. I notice a lot of passing references to bits of dialogue between presidents and their cohorts, however, I never really hear many source citations or see links to them on the lecture page.
    For example, in the Cold War lecture Tom states that Truman was given the advice to scare people in order to generate war support, but It was never specified who gave him this advice or where I could go for myself to verify this. This is just one of very many examples of instances when crucial bits of dialogue, internal conflicts, secret meetings, etc. are asserted without sources. Is the source material to be found in the recommended reading or is this just ancillary material?
    It may seem petty, but when our views on history are held by only a small minority the majority are going to demand some pretty convincing evidence to persuade them. Any suggestions on source material would be greatly appreciated.

woods
    Participant

That’s certainly a reasonable question. If you need sources that aren’t specified, I would simply ask for them here. I’m pretty sure the quotation you’re asking about appears in the online reading that accompanies the lecture you’re speaking of. The person who said it was Arthur Vandenberg, who was the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.