Ideas for New Courses

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

No announcement on the courses yet, but it sounds like he is doing more than one.

My bet is that “Money and Banking” would be at least one.

twomey.chris

As a graduate student who learned of, and adopted Austrian economics only after I have earned my undergrad, I am particularly interested in materials or courses which can shed light on not merely the Keynesian school, or beginners courses – but rather Austrian insights into much of the coursework I deal with on a daily basis – namely Neoclassical/Chicago methods, and their prevalence in mainstream “conservative” macroeconomics.

During these recent semesters, I have been bombarded with a number of names and methods which I was previously unfamiliar with. An Austrian perspective on these concepts would be greatly appreciated.

dstephenson

I would like to see a course on modern American history after Reagan. There is a lot of liberal and conservative propaganda about Clinton and Bush in particular and it would be so nice to get the truth on things like Whitewater and Terrorism (this could tie in well with a middle east course too).

I’d also like to see libertarian take on the educational system and maybe even some insights into other fields of the humanities like anthropology, sociology, psychology, etc…

jlalik0
    Participant

History of Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama.

What specifically happened policy wise. What kind of international interventions occurred on their watches? etc

Professor McClanahan has granted your wish. His next course will be about the US Presidents. It is coming within the next few weeks.

Slim934
    Participant

A course based on Terence Kealey’s “Economic Laws of Scientific Research” would be a really neat kind of class.

A course in Libertarian Legal Theory would be pretty great also. You could have Stephan Kinsella teach it; his appearances on the Tom Woods show podcast are always really enlightening.

But to add on to other commenters, a history of the middle east course would be great also.

gauthijj

I’ll add a vote for:
    The Federal Reserve: It’s Origins and Role in (De)Forming the Economy
    History of Middle East

Another idea:
    Supreme Court Decisions: Best and Worst (similar to The Presidents: Best and Worst) – preferably taught by Judge Napolitano.

shmegoire

How about a course on the history of feminist thought? With all the craziness surrounding this subject it would be good to actually understand some history so I know what I’m talking about. Someone with a perspective like christina Hoff Sommers would be a good instructor.
    I’m not exactly sure whether or not this fits in with LC.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.